'F**k it, I quit': News reporter walks off the job to fight for marijuana legalization

Reporter Quits on Air: When F-Bombs Become Advocacy
Reporter Quits on Air: When F-Bombs Become Advocacy


A news reporter in Alaska shockingly quit on-air while wrapping up a report on a medical marijuana business she owns - to spend her time to fight for legalization.

KTVA Anchorage's Charlo Greene admitted to owning the Alaska Cannabis Club, professed her dedication to the cause, dropped an F-bomb and walked off the set as the camera cut to a visibly shaken news anchor.

"Everything you've heard is why I, the actual owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, will be dedicating all of my energy toward fighting for freedom and fairness, which begins with legalizing marijuana here in Alaska," Greene told viewers after the segment.

"And as for this job, well, not that I have a choice but, f**k it, I quit."

Greene then confidently walked off the set to pursue her dream of having Ballot Measure 2 passed to make small amounts of recreational marijuana legal.

Legal marijuana would immensely benefit Greene's dispensary.

Greene's anchor was startled by her now-former colleague's abrupt resignation and struggled to continue the broadcast.

"Alright, we apologize for that, said Alexis Fernandez, who then paused, looked down, took a moment to gather herself and couldn't find the right words to continue.

"We'll be, we'll be right back," she said. "We, uh, pardon for us, meanwhile, the vote yes on [Ballot Measure 2] campaign held a fundraiser last night."

The broadcast then sputtered back to life as another segment aired.

KTVA News Director Bert Rudman issued the following statement.

"We sincerely apologize for the inappropriate language used by a KTVA reporter during her live presentation on the air tonight. The employee has been terminated."

The vote for Ballot Measure 2 is on November 4.

Related links:
Not breaking bad: Albuquerque mayor vetoes marijuana decriminalization bill
Paul Stoner arrested for manufacturing pot
Parents warn against synthetic marijuana after 19-year-old son dies