By RYAN GORMAN
A news reporter in Alaska shockingly quit on-air while wrapping up a report on a medical marijuana business she owns - to spend her time to fight for legalization.
KTVA Anchorage's Charlo Greene admitted to owning the Alaska Cannabis Club, professed her dedication to the cause, dropped an F-bomb and walked off the set as the camera cut to a visibly shaken news anchor.
"Everything you've heard is why I, the actual owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, will be dedicating all of my energy toward fighting for freedom and fairness, which begins with legalizing marijuana here in Alaska," Greene told viewers after the segment.
"And as for this job, well, not that I have a choice but, f**k it, I quit."
Greene then confidently walked off the set to pursue her dream of having Ballot Measure 2 passed to make small amounts of recreational marijuana legal.
Legal marijuana would immensely benefit Greene's dispensary.
Greene's anchor was startled by her now-former colleague's abrupt resignation and struggled to continue the broadcast.
"Alright, we apologize for that, said Alexis Fernandez, who then paused, looked down, took a moment to gather herself and couldn't find the right words to continue.
"We'll be, we'll be right back," she said. "We, uh, pardon for us, meanwhile, the vote yes on [Ballot Measure 2] campaign held a fundraiser last night."
The broadcast then sputtered back to life as another segment aired.
KTVA News Director Bert Rudman issued the following statement.
"We sincerely apologize for the inappropriate language used by a KTVA reporter during her live presentation on the air tonight. The employee has been terminated."
The vote for Ballot Measure 2 is on November 4.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!