Archeologists in Poland uncovered a hidden Nazi gas chamber from World War II.
The chamber was part of the Sobibor concentration camp - which was closed down after an uprising by people being detained there in 1943.
It was located in a small village of eastern Poland because of its general isolation and proximity to a railroad.
German forces tried to hide all traces of the camp after...covering it with an asphalt road. At least 250,000 Jews were killed in the gas chambers. Only 48 prisoners survived the war.
But with this new discovery, those estimations may become more precise. Archeologists say now that they know how big the gas chambers were, they'll be able to determine just how many people died there.
MORE ON AOL:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!