By NADIA SIKANDER
Most police departments have recently received criticism for less-than friendly relationships with their communities, but police in Reykjavik, Iceland are showing off the lighter side of law enforcement.
The Icelandic capital police department's official Instagram documenting their fit force's ice-cream eating, kitten-snuggling escapades.
Iceland has very low rates of violent crime, according to the police department's website. In 2005, there were a total of 1,299 recorded offenses of violence - a number four percent lower than the country's 2000-2004 average. In 2009, only one homicide was reported.
While the photos might not be an accurate depiction of crime solving and the difficult work that accompanies all police jobs, they're quite entertaining.
When else will you see a policeman riding a pink bicycle?
Related on AOL.com:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Experts Urge Americans to Refinance in 2021
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- 7 breezy jumpsuits to wear to that summer wedding instead of a dres…
- 5 epic tea bombs from TikTok that are total eye candy
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson takes his daughters fishing and shares cute …
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!