On September 19th in 1995, The New York Times and The New York Post published the Unabomber's manifesto in compliance of his terms to effectively end his anonymous bombing attacks. David Kaczynski identified the writing style as that of his brother, Ted, and notified the FBI. Ted Kaczynski was sentenced to life in prison.
Other Events on September 19th:
1957: The first US underground nuclear test was conducted in Nevada.
1970: "The Mary Tyler Moore show" debuted on CBS.
1985: An 8.1 magnitude earthquake shook Mexico City, killing 10,000 people and injuring 30,000 more.
1990: Martin Scorsese's "Goodfellas" was released in theaters.
2013: The Washington Navy Yard reopened, 3 days after the fatal shooting attack.
Video Recap of September 19th in History:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $300K Refi in This Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!