How many times have you lost something important? Maybe it was your grandmothers ring, your favorite stuffed animal from when you were a kid or that special memento from your dad. It happens all the time -- but one woman was lucky enough to get her special something back.
For years, Deb Savely searched for a lost Bible given to her by her parents for her seventh birthday. She had kept the Bible with her everyday until 1974 when it fell out of her backpack.
She recently told the Tennessean, "It was like a piece of my heart just broke off. A part of me was gone."
But last month, Betty Gibson came across the Bible in her basement inside a box of debris collected after a 2006 tornado. The inscription on the inside reads, "Presented to Deborah Savely by Mother and Daddy. June 1961." That sparked a search for the rightful owner.
Last week, the Bible was finally returned to Savely who said, "My daddy's infused in that Bible. Whenever I lay my hand on the page, I can feel that big old hand of his come over mine."
Not everyone has a happy ending like Savely, but a story of another very lucky person from last year comes to mind. A Vietnam vet was reunited with a hunting knife given to him by his parents that he lost after a mine explosion in combat. Another serviceman found the knife and decades later managed to track down the owner.
At the time, Sgt. Frank Cybulski told Detroit News, "I just stared at the box for like 10 minutes. I opened it up and pulled the knife out. That's when I started crying."
More to see:
Beanie Babies creator's sentence debated in court
Outrage ensues over photo of baby dangerously close to cliff's edge
Ark. woman calls police on stuffed tiger
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- 10 things you can get for under $10 at Nordstrom today
- People in the airport always ask me about these $11 clear toiletry bag…
- I tried the Pura smart plug-in diffuser, and I’m obsessed with how it …
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!