On September 18th in 2001, letters that tested positive for anthrax were sent to NBC and the New York Post. The anthrax scare of 2001, killed five people and affected more than a dozen more.
Other Events on September 17th:
1793: George Washington laid the cornerstone to the United States Capital building, the
1851: The first edition of the New York Times was made.
1970: Rock and roll legend, Jimi Hendrix, died at the age of 27 from a drug overdose.
1975: Patty Hearst was captured and arrested for armed robbery, related to the SLA scandal and activities.
2013: The Federal Reserve, in a surprise announcement, decides not to go ahead with tapering policies.
See below for Jimi Hendrix's biography:
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- TikTok users discovered a genius neck pillow on Amazon that makes s…
- Start your day with a decadent bowl of pancake cereal
- These are the best Nordstrom Rack Memorial Day deals you need to shop …
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!