By ALEXIS SHAW
While Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Joey, Ross and Phoebe were the stars of "Friends," you can make the case that the seventh character of the show was the gang's go-to coffee shop, Central Perk.
The beloved café, with its plush orange couches and grumpy baristas, was a mainstay for the six friends to mingle and mix, serving as the home of many of the show's big moments. (Who could forget Phoebe's "Smelly Cat" tirades?)
In honor of the show's 20th anniversary, Warner Bros. and Eight O'Clock Coffee worked to open a pop-up replica of Central Perk opened in New York.
Offering free snacks and coffee, as well as a time warp into the world of the treasured '90s show with ample memorabilia on display, the shop has come to life for one month only.
"Friends" aficionados and coffee fanatics alike lined up for its grand opening on Wednesday, and the lines are likely to surge until it shutters its doors on October 18.
Relive more "Friends" moments by clicking through this gallery:
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…