On this day in 2011, the movement that became known as Occupy Wall Street started in New York City.
Other Events on September 17th:
1862: The important Civil War Battle of Antietam took place in Maryland.
1983: Vanessa Williams was crowned the first African American Miss America.
1996: Oprah Winfrey launched her influential book club.
2001: Wall Street trading and pro sporting events resumed after a hiatus because of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
2013: Startbucks released an open letter to their customers asking them to stop bringing guns to Starbucks outlets.
See photos from the Miss America 2015 pageant:
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- ‘To the boy who doesn’t let anything get him down’: Mom honors Disa…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- These are the 25 fashion and beauty deals you don’t want to miss at Am…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!