On this day in 2011, the movement that became known as Occupy Wall Street started in New York City.
Other Events on September 17th:
1862: The important Civil War Battle of Antietam took place in Maryland.
1983: Vanessa Williams was crowned the first African American Miss America.
1996: Oprah Winfrey launched her influential book club.
2001: Wall Street trading and pro sporting events resumed after a hiatus because of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
2013: Startbucks released an open letter to their customers asking them to stop bringing guns to Starbucks outlets.
See photos from the Miss America 2015 pageant:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!