Residents of a town in northern India are sticking to an early curfew because of a particular man-eating leopard.
The leopard reportedly preys on drunk men stumbling home from a night out. It recently claimed its 12th victim. A leading conservationist and head of the Wildlife Protection Society of India says the leopard usually attacks dogs but the inebriated men are easier to prey on.
Now villagers in the Didihat region of the Himalayas have taken to carrying sticks and walking home before the sun sets, at least until someone can successfully kill or capture the cat.
Leopards have often posed a terrifying problem to residents in Indian towns.
In February, citizens of Meerut were terrorized by one of the wild cats that was on the loose in the town for several days. At least seven people were injured by the leopard and a massive hunt was launched.
That same leopard reportedly turned up in another the following month and attacked two people before fleeing again.
More from AOL
Scientists' colossal squid exam a kraken good show
Woman dies after jumping into crocodile pond
Philippine volcano spews lava; thousands evacuated
The Latest from our Partners
- Refinance rates at 2.125% APR (15yr). Calculate your rate now
- A simple way to pay off your house ASAP
- Experts urge Americans to refinance in 2021
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Amazon shoppers say this teddy-lined hoodie feels like ‘being snugg…
- The under-$10 product a popular TikTok doctor recommends for treating …
- These 3 coconut skincare products are shower staples
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program