By RYAN GORMAN
Americans are not the only people that appear to be sick of their politicians.
An angry crowd in Kiev threw Ukrainian MP Vitaly Zhuravsky into a dumpster Tuesday then held him down, beat him with a tire and dumped water on him, a new video has revealed.
Zhuravsky helped draft legislation limiting free speech while a member of the same political party as deposed President Viktor Yanukovych's political party, according to the Washington Post.
Cellphone video shows Zhuravsky being chased by dozens of people until they cornered and tossed him head over heels into the trash.
He is shown first being hit with his own leather briefcase before being held down by his face.
A dirty tire is then tossed on top of him before someone dumps a bottle of water on top for good measure.
Protesters shouted at him for having a hand in the country teetering on the brink of an all-out civil war.
"We live in a country where blood flows because of you," Talking Points Memo reported, citing Reuters.
The rattled MP kept his office despite Yanukovych fleeing the country.
He blamed the attack on his opponents.
Also on AOL:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Experts Urge Americans to Refinance in 2021
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Marc Jacobs Beauty best sellers are on sale right now for as low as…
- Bissell’s best-selling 3-in-1 ‘featherweight’ vacuum with 45,000 revie…
- Fashion influencer Sai de Silva talks balancing motherhood and running…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!