On September 15th in 2008, Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy protection. This was the largest filing in U.S. History.
Other Events on September 15th:
1963: 4 African American girls were killed in a church bombing in Alabama during a Sunday Service.
1972: A federal grand jury in Washington indicted 7 men in connection with the Watergate scandal under President Nixon's administration.
1984: Prince Harry was born in Paddington, London, UK.
2004: The NHL agreed to lock out it's players. The entire season for 2004-05 was eventually cancelled.
2013: Miss New York, Nina Davuluri, was crowned Miss America in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
See photos from the 2014 Miss American pageant:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- 8 of the cutest tie-dye swimsuits from around the web at every pric…
- ‘I held my fiancée’s sister’s baby, and she freaked out’
- Even your toddler will love this gluten-free, fruit-filled smash cake …
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!