By RYAN GORMAN
Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has reportedly been indicted for child abuse.
Peterson has been charged in suburban Houston with reckless or negligent injury to a child, according to local television station Fox 26.
The Pro Bowl tailback has retained attorney Rusty Hardin, who was made famous for representing seven-time Cy Young Award winning pitcher Roger Clemens in a perjury trial.
Hardin declined comment when reached by the station.
Details surrounding evidence that led to the indictment and Peterson's whereabouts are not known at this time.
Officials have declined to comment further on the case while they wait for Peterson to turn himself in. His playing status for this weekend is unclear.
AOL News was unable to reach either Peterson or a Vikings team representative for further comment.
The charges come one year after a child fathered by Peterson in North Dakota was beaten to death by the mother's boyfriend. The boy was only two-years-old.
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- The Sur La Table Memorial Day sale is on now, and prices are up to …
- Complete stranger shames mom in middle of Walmart for shopping for bab…
- cocokind just launched a hybrid SPF that promises not to break you out…
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!