By RYAN GORMAN
The doctor who performed the fatal throat surgery on Joan Rivers has reportedly been fired.
Dr. Lawrence Cohen left Yorkville Endoscopy Friday after the clinic's board asked him to step down. He was the medical center's director.
Sources told TMZ he is not directly blamed for the famed comedienne's death.
He is being faulted for allowing an unaffiliated doctor to perform an unauthorized biopsy on her throat during a September 1 procedure on her vocal cords, according to the gossip site.
That biopsy is believed to have sent the Hollywood legend into respiratory and cardiac arrest.
Yorkville Endoscopy refuted those claims to TMZ, saying that the clinic performed no such procedure.
Rivers never regained consciousness and passed away September 4.
Authorities are still investigating her death.
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Spanx just launched the ‘perfect dresses’ that are ultra-flattering…
- The sweater vest is the easiest style trend of the season — shop 5 cut…
- These are the 5 pants trends you’re going to see everywhere this fall …
- Latest mortgage news: Rates pushing toward 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The Truth Behind Jeffrey Dahmer’s Brutal Fate In Prison Is Revealed
- Chicago Fire Star Taylor Kinney Had A Surprising Upbringing That Most …
- Poignant Photos Of Queen Elizabeth's Funeral That Will Go Down In Hist…