By RYAN GORMAN
The doctor who performed the fatal throat surgery on Joan Rivers has reportedly been fired.
Dr. Lawrence Cohen left Yorkville Endoscopy Friday after the clinic's board asked him to step down. He was the medical center's director.
Sources told TMZ he is not directly blamed for the famed comedienne's death.
He is being faulted for allowing an unaffiliated doctor to perform an unauthorized biopsy on her throat during a September 1 procedure on her vocal cords, according to the gossip site.
That biopsy is believed to have sent the Hollywood legend into respiratory and cardiac arrest.
Yorkville Endoscopy refuted those claims to TMZ, saying that the clinic performed no such procedure.
Rivers never regained consciousness and passed away September 4.
Authorities are still investigating her death.
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Experts Urge Americans to Refinance in 2021
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- 7 breezy jumpsuits to wear to that summer wedding instead of a dres…
- 5 epic tea bombs from TikTok that are total eye candy
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson takes his daughters fishing and shares cute …
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…