No matter the situation, it seems like moms always have something to say. They have words of wisdom for all of life's scenarios and love to constantly shower their kids with different pieces of advice. While these "friendly reminders" might seem annoying at the time, they often end up sticking with children well into adulthood.
There are many lessons that kids can take away from some of the most popular "mom-isms". "Don't slouch" can prevent future health problems, and "give more than expected" can help one succeed in their future career. "Because I said so" might be the worst one of all, but it teaches kids that they don't always know best and can't see the bigger picture.
What are some of your favorite "mom-isms" from your own childhood? Do you have any sayings you use with your own children? Let us know in the comments!
More on AOL:
Kitten rescued after hitching a ride under hood of car
This is what an explosion from space looks like
A giant panda undergoes a restorative dental procedure at the San Diego Zoo
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since March 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Delicious no-cheese dinner recipes from TikTok
- Dad reveals newborn to family with an ‘epic’ socially distanced debut:…
- Mom captures toddler’s ‘full spectrum’ of emotions in just 45 seconds
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!