College isn't just for the kids!
Well, at least not if you're Rob Lowe.
The 50-year-old actor and his wife, Sheryl Berkoff, became empty nesters this year when they sent their youngest son, John Owen, off to college, but Lowe joked to AOL that he's enjoying the collegiate experience just as much as his two sons.
"I did movies when everybody else my age was in college, so I never had that experience. I am completely living vicariously [through my kids].
And it sounds like his "St. Elmo's Fire" alter ego Billy Hicks would even be impressed with his return to the ivory tower.
"I'm like the crazy dad in the corner of the frat house," Lowe kidded. "I'm getting a second shot at it."
While being an empty nester in his "too quiet" California home has been an adjustment, seeing his children thrive is extremely rewarding.
"It's been great. I am so proud of the kids. They are off doing well," Lowe, who recently partnered with Genworth, told AOL.
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Dad grounds teen daughter after she refuses to wash dishes because …
- Loving the hot pink fashion trend? Here are 10 stylish pieces to add t…
- Puppies escape while husband sleeps through ‘night duty’: ‘How did he …
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate at four-week low
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance