College isn't just for the kids!
Well, at least not if you're Rob Lowe.
The 50-year-old actor and his wife, Sheryl Berkoff, became empty nesters this year when they sent their youngest son, John Owen, off to college, but Lowe joked to AOL that he's enjoying the collegiate experience just as much as his two sons.
"I did movies when everybody else my age was in college, so I never had that experience. I am completely living vicariously [through my kids].
And it sounds like his "St. Elmo's Fire" alter ego Billy Hicks would even be impressed with his return to the ivory tower.
"I'm like the crazy dad in the corner of the frat house," Lowe kidded. "I'm getting a second shot at it."
While being an empty nester in his "too quiet" California home has been an adjustment, seeing his children thrive is extremely rewarding.
"It's been great. I am so proud of the kids. They are off doing well," Lowe, who recently partnered with Genworth, told AOL.
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Moms reveal the first time they really felt like a mom
- Score an ‘Amazon’s Choice’ air purifier on sale for 20% off right now:…
- If you’ve always wanted a robot vacuum, here’s your chance to score on…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…