On September 11th in 2001, a series of terrorist attacks shocked America and the rest of the world. Two airliners bound for California were hijacked by terrorists and eventually crashed into the World Trade Center twin towers in Manhattan. Another plane crashed into the Pentagon in Virginia. A fourth jetliner, speculated to be bound for another important American building, crashed in a in field in Pennsylvania. The death toll was devastating and the day has gone down in history as one of the most severe days of terror in the United States.
Other Events on September 11:
1814: America won the Battle of Plattsburg on Lake Champlain.
1985: Pete Rose set the MLB record for career hits, hitting his 4192nd hit of his career.
1971: Former Soviet Union, Nikita Khruschev, died at the age of 77 in Moscow, Russia.
1987: The film, Fatal Attraction, starring Michael Douglas and Glenn Close, premiered in U.S. theaters.
2013: A woman from Arizona gave birth to quintuplets.
See photos of the September 11th Memorial Museum:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Amazon’s Echo Show 5 video-calling device is now on sale for just $…
- TikTok says this gadget can turn fruit into ‘ice cream’ — so we tried …
- Athleta just dropped new arrivals, and you need these 7 styles in your…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!