The 2014 NFL season kicked off Thursday with the Green Bay Packers playing against the defending champion Seattle Seahawks. While the Seahawks won on the field, they started the game with a significant error.
Singer Ariana Grande performed the National Anthem at CenturyLink Field, and while she didn't mess up the words, the Seattle Seahawks' social media team did.
They tweeted, "The home of the free. And the land of the brave. You tell 'em Ariana Grande!"
To which the 21-year-old singer wrote back, "Good luck and thank you for having me... P.S you got the lyrics backwards." Yeah, it's "the land of the free and the home of the brave." Perhaps they were just moved by the performance.
The Seattle Seahawks explained, "Your rendition got the best of us. At least the important one of us got it right."
Tha's more than you can say about Christina Aguilera's performance at Super Bowl XLV. Apparently the line "What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming" is her favorite lyric, as she sang it not once... but twice. Not to fret, it's not like anyone watches the Super Bowl.
More from AOL
Fisherman catches 18-inch-long shrimp
Cheetah cub undergoes surgery, with best doggy friend at his side
Monet picture found in German collector's suitcase
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- TikToker shares just how cool it is to buy a drink at a Korean conv…
- Unexpected umami recipes on TikTok that use MSG
- You don’t have to wait until Prime Day — a bunch of the best Calvin Kl…
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!