The 2014 NFL season kicked off Thursday with the Green Bay Packers playing against the defending champion Seattle Seahawks. While the Seahawks won on the field, they started the game with a significant error.
Singer Ariana Grande performed the National Anthem at CenturyLink Field, and while she didn't mess up the words, the Seattle Seahawks' social media team did.
They tweeted, "The home of the free. And the land of the brave. You tell 'em Ariana Grande!"
To which the 21-year-old singer wrote back, "Good luck and thank you for having me... P.S you got the lyrics backwards." Yeah, it's "the land of the free and the home of the brave." Perhaps they were just moved by the performance.
The Seattle Seahawks explained, "Your rendition got the best of us. At least the important one of us got it right."
Tha's more than you can say about Christina Aguilera's performance at Super Bowl XLV. Apparently the line "What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming" is her favorite lyric, as she sang it not once... but twice. Not to fret, it's not like anyone watches the Super Bowl.
More from AOL
Fisherman catches 18-inch-long shrimp
Cheetah cub undergoes surgery, with best doggy friend at his side
Monet picture found in German collector's suitcase
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!