On September 6, 1997, 2.5 billion people tuned in for the televised airing of Princess Diana's funeral. The ceremony was held at Westminster Abbey. Lord Spencer, Diana's brother, spoke in his sisters memory and blamed the media for his sister's death.
Other Events on September 6:
1901: President William McKinsey was shot by anarchist, Leon Czolgosz.
1915: The first tank was produced and unveiled in England.
1966: The architect of apartheid, South African Prime Minister Hendrik Verwoerd, was assassinated by a fatal stabbing.
2007: Volkswagen announced the move of its American headquarters from Michigan to Virginia.
2013: Researchers discovered the world's largest volcano underwater in the Pacific Ocean, 1000 miles from the coast of Japan.
More photos of Princess Diana in the slideshow:
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Is a tote bag the new way to ‘walk’ your cat?
- Little girl stunned after note from tooth fairy says her room was too …
- Woman discovers touching note from late dad in beekeeping equipment
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up again
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance