On September 6, 1997, 2.5 billion people tuned in for the televised airing of Princess Diana's funeral. The ceremony was held at Westminster Abbey. Lord Spencer, Diana's brother, spoke in his sisters memory and blamed the media for his sister's death.
Other Events on September 6:
1901: President William McKinsey was shot by anarchist, Leon Czolgosz.
1915: The first tank was produced and unveiled in England.
1966: The architect of apartheid, South African Prime Minister Hendrik Verwoerd, was assassinated by a fatal stabbing.
2007: Volkswagen announced the move of its American headquarters from Michigan to Virginia.
2013: Researchers discovered the world's largest volcano underwater in the Pacific Ocean, 1000 miles from the coast of Japan.
More photos of Princess Diana in the slideshow:
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Nikki and Brie Bella share their must-have mom gear ahead of Mother…
- There are so many cute tie-dye joggers on sale for cheap at Nordstrom …
- These geometric wine glasses will make even Trader Joe’s wine feel fan…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…