In 1972, Palestinian terrorists stormed the Olympic Village in Munich. The terrorists group, known as Black September, killed 2 Israeli athletes and took 9 hostage. The Black September group used the attacks to demand the release of 230 arab prisoners. However, all 9 hostages were eventually killed as well as 5 terrorists and 1 German politician in a shootout at the Munich airport.
Other Events on September 5:
1836: Sam Houston was elected the president of Texas.
1847: Famous outlaw, Jesse James, was born in Missouri.
1975: President Ford escapes an assassination attempt in Sacramento, California.
2005: Katie Couric became the first female weekday network evening news anchor with the debut of "CBS Evening News with Katie Couric."
2013: Peyton Manning of the Denver Broncos tied the NFL record for 7 touchdown passes, in the season-opening 49-27 win over the Baltimore Ravens.
Click for photos of Denver Bronco's Quarterback Peyton Manning:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- 8 of the cutest tie-dye swimsuits around the web at every price poi…
- ‘I held my fiancée’s sister’s baby, and she freaked out’
- Even your toddler will love this gluten-free, fruit-filled smash cake …
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!