By RYAN GORMAN
The Dutch man believed by many to have killed Alabama teen Natalee Holloway in 2005 has made a cell phone video about his life in a Peruvian prison.
Joran van der Sloot, 27, is serving a 28-year term behind bars for the 2010 murder of a young woman in Lima. He was recently transferred from the capitol to a facility in the Andes mountains.
"I am making this video for my own security," he says at the start of the 46-second video, first made public by NBC News, before wondering aloud why the prison warden handed him a cell phone.
The recently-married killer looks different than he has in the past. He has a Mohawk and a bushy beard. Prison life also appears to have aged him a bit.
The video starts with van der Sloot casually laying back in bed before bizarrely cutting to footage of a prison guard measuring his blood pressure.
Van der Sloot landed in the slammer after pleading guilty to the 2010 murder of Stephany Flores, 21.
He was previously serving his time in a jail in Lima, but was sent up into the mountains after threatening to kill a prison guard.
Conditions at the prison, at an altitude of more than 15,000 feet, were so bad he staged a hunger strike, according to the New York Daily News.
This video is only the latest twist in van der Sloot's somewhat charmed life behind bars.
He married Peruvian girlfriend Leidy Figueroa after meeting and impregnating her while in prison. The Dutch national will soon become a father. She was at the prison to visit a relative when the pair first locked eyes, according to reports.
Van der Sloot is due to be extradited to the United States to face charges from when he extorted Holloway's family of $25,000 after promising to take the girl's grieving mother to her body.
Holloway vanished without a trace during a 2005 class trip to Aruba, where van der Sloot was living at the time. He was eyed as the main suspect but never charged with any crime due to a lack of evidence.
His sentence will end in 2038.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- I’m a lifestyle editor, and here are 8 early Prime Day deals I’m ey…
- Husband accidentally sends ‘butt naked’ photo of mom to entire family:…
- 9 plus-size summer wardrobe essentials under $50 at Nordstrom — you’ll…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!