By ERIC LYONS
Shaquille O'Neal and Yao Ming can't compete with a basketball-dunking elephant.
This pachyderm named "Chuck" is no Air Bud, but he still can drive into the paint and throw down with any NBA great.
Video of the 13-foot tall beast owning the lane surfaced last month after being posted to YouTube by the owners of an African safari in Ontario, Canada. It was first flagged by Deadspin.
Elephants can grow to weigh more than 14,000 pounds, according to National Geographic. Not even Tim Duncan or Charles "Round Mound of Rebound" Barkley can stop Chuck in the paint. He dwarfs even Manute Bol and Gheorghe Muresan, both the tallest men in NBA history at 7'7''.
Chuck has not played on the AAU circuit or been recruited by any D1 schools like most developing NBA prospects, but he has been training tirelessly at the zoo and eating a steady vegan diet of grass, roots and the occasional piece of fruit.
Using a solid technique, Chuck grabs the loose ball with his trunk, plants his feet and gracefully slams it home.
It is not clear at this time if Chuck has aspirations of making it to the NBA, but the Oklahoma City Thunder are in desperate need of an animal to control the paint and back up Kevin Durant.
While not as big as Chuck, here are the tallest men in NBA history:
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat amid recession fears
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- These bike shorts are so comfortable, I want to wear them every sin…
- The Ostrich Chair may seem a little ridiculous, but TikTok is obsessed…
- 6 Nike sneakers to add to your closet for $100 or less
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold