On this day in history, in 1972, Mark Spitz, became the first person to win 7 gold medals at the Olympics. Spitz set world records in all 7 events that he won, a feat that yet to be accomplished again in Olympic history.
Other events on September 3:
1886: Geronimo surrenders to the US troops marking the end of the Indian Wars in the Southwest.
1981: Beyonce Knowles was born in Houston, Texas.
2002: Kelly Clarkson was announced as the first winner of reality tv singing competition, "American Idol."
2006: Steve Irwin dies at the age of 44 after a fatal sting ray attack.
2013: Mohamed Ibrahim, interior minister of Egypt's interim government, escapes and survives an assassination attempt.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Experts Urge Americans to Refinance in 2021
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson takes his daughters fishing and shares cu…
- This extra large Philips air fryer is $100 off at Sur La Table: ‘Cooks…
- Rebecca Minkoff is having an epic sample sale with prices as low as $3…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!