By Eric Sandler
Nike, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Louis Vuitton -- everyone from a child to the elderly can rattle the names off like a second language. Yet, do you actually know where your favorite brand names originated from?
Some follow in the names of their storied founders, while others feature clever anagrams, hidden meanings, and much more. Scroll through the gallery above to find out where the world's 25 most valuable brands got their names -- you may never read the words the same way again.
More on AOL.com:
Atlantic City: Rise, fall and rebirth?
Little-known facts about 'Gilligan's Island' and 'The Brady Bunch'
Kids with big dreams in their eyes, Pt. 2
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The 3 Best Options To Borrow From Yourself
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of May 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap