By RYAN GORMAN
A five-time "Jeopardy!" champion from suburban Chicago has been accused of sexually assaulting a child.
Jerry Slowik, 28, was riding high in December after winning $120,000 playing the popular trivia game but now faces 40 years in prison over allegations he had a sexual encounter with a 15-year-old girl.
The suburban Chicago native will go to trial in Wisconsin over the charges in October, according to the Lake Geneva News.
Slowik's accuser claims he took her to a movie on March 21 and then drove her to a dead-end road, according to a criminal complaint cited by the paper.
He then kissed and touched the teen in a sexual manner, she told police. The age of consent in Wisconsin is 16.
He pleaded not guilty to the charges on May 2.
The accused pedophile updated his Facebook page only last week to say he was in a relationship. AOL News was not able to reach his current girlfriend for comment.
Slowik took "Jeopardy!" by storm late last year winning five straight shows airing December 26 - 30.
He was a security guard at a Japanese supermarket at the time and told the Daily Herald he planned to use his payday to move out of his parents home.
Slowik also wanted to set aside a portion to travel to the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, he told the paper.
He instead faces the possibility of a $100,000 fine wiping out more than what he likely took home after taxes.
The accusations have also dealt him another blow.
A spokesperson for "Jeopardy!" told the Herald that Slowik has been dropped from the game show's "Tournament of Champions."
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!