1996: Charles, Prince of Wales, and Princess Diana officially divorce after 4 years of separation. The divorce terms allowed Princess Diana a generous settlement and her Kensington Palace residences in exchange for relinquishing any future claim to the British Throne and the title of "Her Royal Highness."
Other Events on August 28th:
1828: Legendary novelist, Leo Tolstoy was born in Yasnaya Polyana, Russia.
1922: The first radio commercial was aired.
1955: African American boy, Emmett Till, was abducted and killed by two men after whistling at a white women.
1963: Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous "I Have a Dream" speech in Washington D.C. to over 200, 000 people in front of the Lincoln Memorial.
2013: Scientists confirmed a new periodic table element, which was unnamed at the time but referred to as ununpentium.
See Photos of Prince William and Kate Middleton on the royal tour:
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…