1883: On this day in history in 1883, Krakatau, a small island nation near Indonesia, blew it self to parts with the most devastating and powerful volcanic eruption in history.
Other Events on August 27th:
1953: Audrey Hepburn debuts in her first starring role as "Roman Holiday" premiered in New York.
1962: The US launched Mariner 2, a space probe which ended up flying past Venus in the same year.
2007: NFL Quarterback, Michael Vick, pleaded guilty to a federal charge for dog fighting.
2008: Obama was nominated for President by the Democratic National Convention.
2013: Army psychiatrist, Maj. Nidal Hasan, who shot 13 people in Fort Hood Texas 4 years earlier, ended his case by not presenting evidence during the trial's penalty phase. The man was later sentenced to death.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- ‘To the boy who doesn’t let anything get him down’: Mom honors Disa…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- These are the 25 fashion and beauty deals you don’t want to miss at Am…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!