1883: On this day in history in 1883, Krakatau, a small island nation near Indonesia, blew it self to parts with the most devastating and powerful volcanic eruption in history.
Other Events on August 27th:
1953: Audrey Hepburn debuts in her first starring role as "Roman Holiday" premiered in New York.
1962: The US launched Mariner 2, a space probe which ended up flying past Venus in the same year.
2007: NFL Quarterback, Michael Vick, pleaded guilty to a federal charge for dog fighting.
2008: Obama was nominated for President by the Democratic National Convention.
2013: Army psychiatrist, Maj. Nidal Hasan, who shot 13 people in Fort Hood Texas 4 years earlier, ended his case by not presenting evidence during the trial's penalty phase. The man was later sentenced to death.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!