By RYAN GORMAN
A naked man attacked a carload of people while drunk and on pills and claiming to be the messiah, according to police.
The unidentified 57-year-old man was first found Sunday morning around 4:00 a.m. near the waterfront in south Philadelphia. Police initially believed him to be the victim until they tracked down the car's passengers.
Authorities first believed he was thrown from the vehicle, but passengers told them he attacked the car while claiming to be the messiah, WCAU reported.
Further questioning of the man by detectives revealed that he had become delusional after drinking alcohol while taking recently prescribed medication.
The suspect suffers from both PTSD and depression, according to KYW.
He then stripped off his shirt, socks and shoes before running into the street and banging on multiple vehicles, police told the Philadelphia Inquirer.
The self-proclaimed messiah landed on the ground after punching a 24-year-old passenger in a black sedan, according to the paper. The passenger opened the door and knocked the man down before the car sped off.
He was treated at a local hospital for an injured lip.
No charges are expected to be filed.
Restaurant receives complaint for church bulletin discount
Infamous Christ statue in Mexico has HUMAN teeth
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat a bit
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Create a bougie spa bathroom on a budget with these affordable Amaz…
- This CBD body balm feels like a mini spa treatment — it can soothe sor…
- Toddler escapes crib with the help of his older siblings: ‘When did th…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!