"Nashville" star Hayden Panettiere used the ALS Cold Water Challenge to not only spread awareness of the illness commonly known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, but to also spread the news that she is expecting.
The challenge/announcement was posted Wednesday on "Nashville" co-star Derek Hough's Instagram page, nominating her fiance Wladimir Klitschko and their unborn child. The public statement is out of the ordinary for the 25 year old actress as she's usually tight lipped when it comes to her personal life.
According to the New York Daily News, she and her boxer fiance are putting their wedding on hold due to the unrest in Klitschko's home country of Ukraine. This will be the couple's first child.
Panettiere isn't the first public figure to use the ALS Cold Water Challenge to make an announcement. Former Tennessee Titans linebacker Tim Shaw announced that he himself has been diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Shaw challenged the entire Tennessee Titans organization, the Penn State football team, and his home community of Clarenceville, Michigan.
The Latest from our Partners
- Refinance rates at 2.125% APR (15yr). Calculate your rate now
- A simple way to pay off your house ASAP
- Experts urge Americans to refinance in 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- 4,800 Amazon shoppers swear by Bissell’s high-pressure surface clea…
- This sustainable skincare brand makes healthy products for you and the…
- Amazon shoppers rave about these $25 rain boots that ‘are a steal in c…
- An Insane card offering 0% interest until nearly 2021
- 7 outrageous credit cards if you have excellent credit
- Cards charging 0% interest until 2021
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…