By RYAN GORMAN
A chilling new threat has been lobbed at the U.S. from a Twitter account appearing to be linked to ISIS - the militants who recently beheaded an American journalist.
The threat claims the next Message to America will be "with a new American victim as a courier mail."
Several other images of beheadings, heads on fence posts and other atrocities populate the terrorist's Twitter timeline, including the infamous video of American journalist James Foley's horrific execution.
His account is followed by thousands of other terrorists, terror sympathizers and, curiously, Western journalists.
The threat to ship another American's head home in a box may or may not be real, and the ever-changing nature of ISIS is such that this could be legitimate.
Twitter's constant moves to shut down terrorist-linked accounts also leaves the group without any officials communications channels.
Also uncovered during an AOL investigation into the background of this individual's links to extremists was the widespread use among insurgents of the hashtag #USgovtKilledJamesFoley.
Many other terrorists were using the hashtag #ShawnOnGMA, used for a Thursday morning musical performance on ABC's "Good Morning America,' to force the video of Foley's execution in front of many unsuspecting people.
The Latest from our Partners
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- 4,800 Amazon shoppers swear by Bissell’s high-pressure surface clea…
- This sustainable skincare brand makes healthy products for you and the…
- DSW is offering up to 40 percent off on dozens of sneakers, with deals…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance