By RYAN GORMAN
Russian officials are enraged over Bulgarians vandalizing Soviet-era monuments to look like superheroes and other Western characters.
Multiple monuments in the capitol Sofia have been spray painted to resemble Super Man, Captain America, the Joker, Santa Claus and even Ronald McDonald.
The vandalism has been going on for at least three years, but the Russian Embassy only recently asked Bulgaria to take "exhaustive measures" against the touch-ups, according to the Moscow Times.
Russia wants the monuments cleaned, the vandals identified and punished and for further graffiti to be stopped.
Other similar acts included the painting of another monument in the colors of the Ukrainian flag earlier this year, according to the paper.
Another monument received an "artistic apology" makeover last August in response to the country's support of Soviet troops in their putting down of a Cold War-era rebellion in Prague.
There is no word on what action, if any, the Bulgarian government plans to take.
Russia says Ukraine aid to enter country soon
Ukraine: Some Russian military vehicles destroyed
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat amid recession fears
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- The Ostrich Chair may seem a little ridiculous, but TikTok is obses…
- 6 Nike sneakers to add to your closet for $100 or less
- More than 9,000 Amazon shoppers rave about this rowing machine — and i…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!