August 19, 1983: Coco Chanel was born on this day in 1883. Coco Chanel was the French designer who founded the fashion house, Chanel. She emerged as one of the most influential sportswear designers in the 1920s. The Chanel fashion house lives on today as one of the most prestigious brands in fashion and is currently under the creative direction of Karl Lagerfeld.
1909: The Indianapolis Motor Speedway, home of the Indianapolis 500, hosted it's first race on this day.
1934: Adolf Hitler became the President of Germany.
1946: Former US President, Bill Clinton was born on this day in Hope, Arkansas.
1980: A Saudi Airlines flight performed an emergency landing because of an onboard fire started by passengers cooking with a portable butane stove. While the place landed, the blazing fire took the lives of 301 people onboard.
2004: Google went public with an initial public offering on the NASDAQ, Google (GOOG) traded at $85.
2013: Bank of America confirms that a pre-graduate intern died in London.
See below for more on Bill Clinton, whose birthday is today!
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!