August 19, 1983: Coco Chanel was born on this day in 1883. Coco Chanel was the French designer who founded the fashion house, Chanel. She emerged as one of the most influential sportswear designers in the 1920s. The Chanel fashion house lives on today as one of the most prestigious brands in fashion and is currently under the creative direction of Karl Lagerfeld.
1909: The Indianapolis Motor Speedway, home of the Indianapolis 500, hosted it's first race on this day.
1934: Adolf Hitler became the President of Germany.
1946: Former US President, Bill Clinton was born on this day in Hope, Arkansas.
1980: A Saudi Airlines flight performed an emergency landing because of an onboard fire started by passengers cooking with a portable butane stove. While the place landed, the blazing fire took the lives of 301 people onboard.
2004: Google went public with an initial public offering on the NASDAQ, Google (GOOG) traded at $85.
2013: Bank of America confirms that a pre-graduate intern died in London.
See below for more on Bill Clinton, whose birthday is today!
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Sleepy French bulldog throws temper tantrum when mom says he needs …
- Nordstrom’s 4th of July sale is on — Here are over 25 of the best deal…
- Pack these 5 summer sandwiches in your picnic basket
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!