By RYAN GORMAN
X-rays have revealed that a statue of Christ has human teeth.
The Lord of Patience statue in the parish of San Bartolo Cuautlalpan is famous for being covered in blood and depicting gory wounds, but workers restoring the sculpture found eight human teeth in its mouth.
"It is common that the sculptures have teeth, but they are usually made of wood or bone carved individually or as a plate, but in this case has eight teeth of an adult," team leader and school director Fanny Unikel said in a CNET translation of a YouTube video detailing the discovery.
"The teeth were probably donated as a token of gratitude. It's the first time human teeth have been found in a sculpture," Unikel added.
Workers were surprised to find them in perfect condition, she explained.
Despite their preservation, researchers do not believe them to be holy relics since they were not prominently displayed anywhere.
Rather, the team believes they were donated by parishioners seeking to earn some extra cash.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!