Who loves a refreshing, ice-cold, beer ... filled with glass? Didn't think so.
Wegmans says it is recalling glass bottles of Corona Extra beer because they could contain pieces of glass! Ouch. Officials say routine inspections in the company's quality control lab found defects in certain bottles that could cause small particles of glass to break off into the bottle.
You don't have to give up all Corona products, though. The recall only includes 12-ounce clear bottles - which are sold in 6, 12 and 18 packs. Customers can return the recalled bottles for a full refund.
Glass pieces turning up in glass bottles is not all that surprising. Last year, though, Kellogg pulled 36,000 boxes of Special K Red Berries cereal because it could contain dangerous glass fragments. A few months earlier it pulled 2.8 million boxes of Mini-Wheats were found to contain metal fragments. Not the best way to start your day.
Food Recalls 2014
Product Defects & Recalls
Order Beer Online
More from AOL
McDonald's to sell packaged coffee nationally
Manziel's gesture taints Browns' loss to Redskins
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!