22 years ago today, Larry Bird of the Boston Celtics retired from basketball. Bird won the NBA Championship three times (1981, 1984, 1986) and was voted the NBA's Most Valuable Player 3 times in a row between 1984-1986 in his 13 seasons as a player.
More on This Day in History:
1960: The Beatles gave their first public performance.
1969: Woodstock concluded with a mid-morning performance by Jimi Hendrix.
1978: Comedic Actor Andy Samberg was born in Berkeley, California.
1979: "Good Times" by Chic had the number one spot on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart.
2013: Penn State settled the first of the Sandusky Sex Scandal Lawsuits.
Click through the gallery below for some pictures of The Beatles throughout their career!
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Nikki and Brie Bella share their must-have mom gear ahead of Mother…
- There are so many cute tie-dye joggers on sale for cheap at Nordstrom …
- These geometric wine glasses will make even Trader Joe’s wine feel fan…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!