AOL employees in New York City got a shock to their systems in an effort to help raise awareness for a devastating disease. They join the likes of Justin Timberlake, Mark Zuckerberg and Martha Stewart by taking part in the viral Ice Bucket Challenge.
"Dulles we challenge you!" employees cried as they dumped freezing water over themselves, urging their counterparts in the Virginia office to take part.
The Ice Bucket Challenge is a fundraising phenomenon that encourages people to pour freezing ice water on themselves. Participants challenge others to do the same within 24 hours. Those who choose not to take part must make a charitable donation, though most participating donate as well. Every person that participates nominates friends through social media using the #IceBucketChallenge hashtag.
ALS is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. It's widely known as Lou Gehrig's disease for claiming the life of the famed Yankee star.
To make a contribution to ALS research please visit the ALS Association.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The 3 Best Options To Borrow From Yourself
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of May 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap