Today, August 14th, marks the 69th anniversary to the end of World War II. It was official when President Truman announced that Japan had surrendered.
Check out the slideshow above for photos of wartime events and propaganda.
More on This Day in History:
1925:Mount Rushmore is first proposed as an idea.
1945:Steve Martin, actor and comedian, was born.
1965:Jane Fonda, former fashion model and fitness guru, married director Roger Vadim.
2003: The northeastern United States and part of Canada experienced a massive blackout.
Steve Martin's movie history
August 14th in history
August 14th horoscope
Click through the gallery below to see photos of birthday boy, Steve Martin!
- Latest mortgage news: Rates retreat amid recession fears
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- The Ostrich Chair may seem a little ridiculous, but TikTok is obses…
- 6 Nike sneakers to add to your closet for $100 or less
- More than 9,000 Amazon shoppers rave about this rowing machine — and i…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!