It's difficult to imagine life today without computers, but the personal computer was barely a reality just 33 years ago. On August 12th, 1981, IBM introduced their first PC model, also known as the 5150. Can you imagine functioning today without your laptop, cellphone, or tablet?
Click through the gallery above for more images of the the 5150 and other old PCs!
Other events from today's history:
1898: Hawaii officially became a state.
1963:Sir Mix-A-Lot, the rapper, was born.
1966:John Lennon apologizes at a press conference for comparing The Beatles to Jesus.
1990: The largest Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton discovered in South Dakota.
History of the computer
August 12th horoscope
August 12th in history
Click through the gallery below for more images of musical icon John Lennon!
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Home Equity Surges: Compare Home Equity Loans
- Age 62+? Take this Quiz to Qualify for a Home Equity Conversion
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps New Home Buyers Qualify to Buy
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards For 2022
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- 3 Cards That Can Help You Take Your Dream Vacation
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold