It's difficult to imagine life today without computers, but the personal computer was barely a reality just 33 years ago. On August 12th, 1981, IBM introduced their first PC model, also known as the 5150. Can you imagine functioning today without your laptop, cellphone, or tablet?
Click through the gallery above for more images of the the 5150 and other old PCs!
Other events from today's history:
1898: Hawaii officially became a state.
1963:Sir Mix-A-Lot, the rapper, was born.
1966:John Lennon apologizes at a press conference for comparing The Beatles to Jesus.
1990: The largest Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton discovered in South Dakota.
History of the computer
August 12th horoscope
August 12th in history
Click through the gallery below for more images of musical icon John Lennon!
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 2.06% APR. Can you save?
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 4 Cards With Massive Sign Up Bonuses (Get $200 Fast)
- Ready To Travel Again? These Cards Will Take You There.
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program