On this day in 1934, the most dangerous prisoners in the United States were transported to the treacherous island of Alcatraz off of San Francisco Bay. Later that month, Al Capone, one of the most famous felons in history, would arrive after being arrested for tax evasion.
More on This Day in History...
1965: Deadly rioting broke out in the Watts section of Los Angeles.
1973: "American Graffiti" hit theaters.
1992: The Mall of America opened in Bloomington, Minnesota.
2006: The TSA banned all liquids, gels and aerosols from flights.
August 11th in history
August 11 horoscope
Take a look inside Al Capone's mansion! Click through the gallery below!
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Nordstrom’s 4th of July sale is on — Here are over 25 of the best d…
- Preschool teacher shares student’s head-turning comment while playing …
- Mom brought to tears by toddler’s reaction to TikTok prank
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!