After winning the show, Sister Cristina Scuccia was given a recording contract, but "Good Morning America" seemed to speculate that she might opt to pass on the possible life-changing reward.
GMA reported that Cristina was planning on keeping her day job. She had renewed her vow of poverty -- saying no to fame and fortune in favor of what she calls her top priority: her faith.
Just because she's saying no to fortune doesn't necessarily mean there won't be a record, though. Catholic News Agency reports that she is going to record an album, but it is currently on hold. And for those who know the nun's history, it's no surprise that she can sing. The Telegraph says that Sister Cristina is a "reformed rebel" who used to be in a band.
After her win, media outlets were having fun with the headlines. CNN made reference to a popular movie that starred Whoopi Goldberg donning the black and white nun getup. The Catholic News Service blog made a Biblical reference and some were a little more to the point.
The Catholic News Agency notes that the Ursuline nun said that despite winning, her priorities would always be to continue in religious life. She plans to make her perpetual vows in 2018.
The Voice Auditions
The Voice Winners
Best Performances on The Voice
Also on AOL:
Baby giggles to her dogs' names in her sleep
Widowed grandfather sobs over surprise gift of puppy (video, photos)
The nastiest ongoing celebrity feuds
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- The secret place to score the jewelry trend everyone is wearing rig…
- Sperry’s best-selling waterproof ‘duck boots’ are on sale for up to 50…
- 5 fun ways to keep kids pleasantly occupied during long trips
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since April 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise