By Elizabeth Wagmeister
It appears Hillary Clinton has launched her 2016 presidential campaign. HollywoodLife.com can exclusively report that Hillary has leased office space on a high-level floor of a corporate New York City office building, overlooking Times Square, for what sources are saying, is her campaign headquarters.
It seems likely that the former First Lady of the United States, 66, will announce her presidential run shortly, since she is expected to fully move into the space, the week of August 11.
Hillary was sighted more than once visiting the unoccupied open plan space with her security detail. An elevator was blocked off for her use.
A source tells HollywoodLife.com that Hillary has signed a two-year lease. If you're not doing the math, that adds up to the year 2016.
Her expansive new space includes nine offices, 14 workstations, one large conference room, and features modern finishes and white walls. It also features floor-to-ceiling glass doors, and windows with sweeping views of Times Square.
Until now, Hillary has remained mum about her decision to throw her hat in the ring. When asked about her plans by Barbara Walters in December 2013, she replied that she would deliberate on her potential campaign plans "next year" - in other words, in 2014.
Hillary has expressed her concern about being able to combine her roles, as a potential President and a grandmother. However, on June 9, she told Diane Sawyer with ABC News, "I'm thrilled about becoming a grandmother in the fall. I have lots of hopes-for what that means-to me and my family. I mean, we have one life to live. This is...this is it. It's not a dress rehearsal."
Just last month, Bill Clinton told CNN that Hillary "really does need some time to think through this" decision to run for President. He said that on July 21, but she must have thought very quickly after that!
Ironically, the building that Hillary is moving into is owned by a Republican supporter, though his brother is a well known Democrat. If she's a good tenant, maybe she'll be able to lobby for his support!
More from Hollywood Life:
Chris Pratt Disses Orlando Bloom
Olivia Wilde breastfeeds in beautiful photo shoot
Selena Gomez talks babies
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- ‘I held my fiancée’s sister’s baby, and she freaked out’
- Even your toddler will love this gluten-free, fruit-filled smash cake …
- 6 DIY condiment recipes that are healthier than store-bought
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!