Swimmers on Navarre beach, Florida, were recently taken aback when a hammerhead shark swam right up to the shore.
Dan Flynn had been fishing on a nearby pier with his stepson when he spotted the huge animal approaching, and he quickly began to film.
WEAR-TV reports that "panic set in" when crowds noticed the 6.5-foot shark. Lifeguard Colton Boney told WEAR that it "didn't help that the fin was out of the water.
Boney explains that a woman had fallen off a raft into the water, and it seemed the shark was going right for her. Luckily, it didn't seem interested in humans, and swam for about 15 minutes before heading for deeper water. "It's interesting, I never thought I'd be charged by a shark," Boney said. WEAR-TV reports that after just under two hours, beachgoers were allowed back in the water.
Though it was a pretty frightening sight, filmer Dann Flynn added a bit of levity to the situation, joking that perhaps the shark just wanted a cool drink.
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program