YouTube star Timothy DeLaGhetto had a big surprise for his parents.
"That's for the house!"
Yup, it was a big, fat check to pay off his parents' mortgage. Timothy's dad joked in a couple years, he's going to be expecting a hot rod like a Mercedes.
ABC says the gift grand totaled of $340,000 -- $210,000 to the loan company and $130,000 to the bank.
Apparently the comedian had told his parents he would one day pay off their house. Timothy told USA Today his parents had wanted him to stay in college, but he had his sights set on the entertainment industry. That's when he promised them he'd take care of the mortgage one day -- and it looks like he followed through.
Seems like Timothy has been doing a pretty good job for himself, with a YouTube channel touting more than 2 million subscribers -- and improv comedy appearances on MTV's "Wild 'N Out," hosted by Nick Cannon.
The pay-off-your-parents-mortgage move seems to be appreciated, with the media collectively giving a big, ol' "awwwwww," warning viewers that they may cry, and even calling him "the best son ever."
At the end of the viral video, Timothy made his dad agree with that whole "best son ever" thing. OK, we're using "made" lightly here.
"[You're] still the best son to me, but the check made it a little better."
Credit: YouTube/Timothy DeLaGhetto
Also on AOL:
Rescuers hoist hiker to safety after steep fall
Would-be burglars stopped by Squid, the dog
Customers furious over local restaurant's sign towards families
The Latest from our Partners
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- 4,800 Amazon shoppers swear by Bissell’s high-pressure surface clea…
- This sustainable skincare brand makes healthy products for you and the…
- DSW is offering up to 40 percent off on dozens of sneakers, with deals…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance