Apple is preparing to acquire headphone manufacturer Beats Electronics later this year - but the transition just hit a sour note. (Via Getty Images)
With audio equipment maker, Bose Corp., announcing Friday it has filed a lawsuit against Beats for patient infringment. (Via YouTube / GeekInsider)
The suit is aimed specifically at Beats' noise-canceling headphones - a product Fortune reports Bose has had on the market since 1989. (Via YouTube / iGyaan)
As CNBC reports, "Bose saying these noise canceling headphones would involve 36 different U.S. patents. ... In that section on the market, that high-end section of headphones, Beats just dominates the market."
According to the lawsuit filed in Delaware, Bose is requesting permanent cease and desist for on the marking and sale of some Beats products also asking for, "award of damages sufficient to compensate Bose."
In statement obtained by Fortune a Bose representative said, "We are committed to protecting our investment, protecting our customers, and defending the patents we own."
And in a sort of response, Billboard reports a representative for Apple said "the company does not comment on legal claims." Beats also declined to comment.
In late May Apple announced its plans to buy Beats for $3 billion, outlets like NBC speculate the accusation actually has more to do with Beats' streaming service than the actual headphones.
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Mom desperately tries to figure out how she got her baby to sleep t…
- It’s easier than it looks to make yourself this fancy affogato dessert
- This tiny device keeps mosquitoes away all summer, and it’s on sale fo…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program