It's being called a story of extraordinary brotherly love - an 8-year-old boy determined to have his younger brother with special needs live a full, normal life helped him complete a youth triathlon.
Noah Aldrich told KIVI: "He most of the time doesn't get what I get to do. Like when I play sports, he has to just watch. I just wanted to finish with Lucas."
The boys' parents told NBC older brother Noah Aldrich pulled and pushed 6-year-old Lucas the entire time as he swam, biked and ran in the Y-Not Mini Triathlon in Boise, Idaho, earlier this month.
According to KTVB, Noah pushed Lucas in a jogging stroller for the course's 1-mile run, pulled the stroller behind his bike for the 3-mile ride and made the 200-meter swim with a harness around his chest that was attached to a raft holding his brother.
More often than not, we see stories like this of parents helping their children with special needs compete in races and other events.
But 8-year-old Noah's remarkably mature decision to help his brother came as no surprise to his family.
According to a blog about Lucas on the Aldrich family's CaringBridge page, Lucas was born with a rare genetic condition that's left him unable to walk, talk or eat on his own.
But even though he's only 8, Noah knows not to let that stop him from doing normal things with his brother every day.
Noah Aldrich told KTVB: "I like everything about him; he's perfect. We go on walks. We just walk around the neighborhood. (talking to Lucas) Are you having fun, little buddy?"
Siblings have teamed up like this before.
Back in 2012, ABC reported 9-year-old Conner Long and his 7-year-old brother, Cayden, were named Sports Illustrated's SportsKids of the year after they started traveling across the country to compete in triathlons together.
As for Noah and Lucas, they were able to finish the youth triathlon in just over 54 minutes. And their parents and even the announcer at the race that day said they couldn't be prouder.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!