Another power couple in the world of sports has called it quits. Russian tennis player Maria Kirilenko announced through the Russian Tennis Federation that she has broken off her engagement with NHL MVP and Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin:
"I have made a decision to break up our engagement. There are a lot of reasons, but I wouldn't want to go in detail. I'll say just that our relationship is over, but I respect Sasha as a person and an athlete and sincerely wish him athletic success in the future."
The couple met at the 2011 U.S. Open and got engaged a year later in 2012.
This comes just months after golf star Rory McIlroy broke off his engagement with former tennis player Caroline Wozniacki.
More AOL sports news:
Clippers CEO: Coach to quit if Sterling stays
World Cup darling signs enormous deal with Spanish club
Paterno's son sues Penn State
Canseco regrets writing book
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!