A twelve-year-old Florida boy is accused of stealing a school bus... again.
According to Franklin County police, middle school student Michael Propst was arrested Wednesday after taking a school bus for a joyride, and apparently this is the second time the tween has pulled the stunt in under a month.
Propst allegedly stole his parents car late Tuesday night, but then ditched it when he saw a school bus sitting at an elementary school. But that ride came to a halt when he was pulled over by police. He was charged with trespassing on school property, grand theft auto, and burglary of conveyance.
On June 24th, he was arrested after driving a school bus 15 miles to a Walmart. For that crime he was charged with grand theft of an item worth more than $100,000, and felony criminal mischief.
Police told the Huffington Post that he being charged as a minor but the city attorney has the option of charging him as an adult.
As crazy as this sounds, stealing buses and taking them for a spin happens more than you might think. Just last month, a 20-year-old Staten Island man stole a MTA bus from the ferry terminal. And New Yorker Darius McCollum became something of an urban cult figure after being arrested nearly 30 times for stealing MTA buses, subway trains, and impersonating transit workers.
These people know they can just apply to be bus drivers, right?
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Your Best Refinance Rates for April 2021
- Thank You For Your Service: $0 Down Payment on VA Loans
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!