By Dan Mennella
There was a brief time when John Daly's irreverence was a Story in golf. He wasn't good enough and was too self-destructive for interest in that narrative to last, but he's still managed to stick around as a pro, popping up occasionally as the flamboyantly dressed, mulleted, gamblin'-addicted, chain-smokin', crazy old uncle on tour.
And Daly took his clothes game to the next level on Wednesday, wearing
what I presume are pajama pants pants with a Spongebob Squarepants print during practice at Royal Hoylake at Liverpool, the site of this year's British Open, which begins Thursday. You know, just rockin' the SBSPs at one of the storied courses in golf history. Daly was also sporting pink spikes, just in case the slacks were too subtle.
Daly, who endorses golf apparel from a line called Loudmouth, won the British Open at St. Andrews in 1995 (his second and most recent major), assuring him a lifetime invitation at the Open Championship. After he showed up in these duds, event officials may be reconsidering.
Daly's glory days may be behind him, but he never compromised his individuality.
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- TikToker shares just how cool it is to buy a drink at a Korean conv…
- Unexpected umami recipes on TikTok that use MSG
- You don’t have to wait until Prime Day — a bunch of the best Calvin Kl…
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!