Police are investigating a Fort Worth, Texas funeral home after discovering a number of dead bodies two weeks after the tenants were ordered to vacate the property.
Dondre and Derrick Johnson, owners of Johnson Family Mortuary, were asked to leave the property by the building's owner. But on Tuesday, the landlord claims he went into the building and while he didn't find any living person, he found seven corpses.
The Johnsons are now defending themselves, saying, "We've done nothing wrong. This is a funeral home. This is where we keep bodies."
The buildings owner admitted that some of the bodies were embalmed and in caskets, and supposedly there are two funerals scheduled for this Saturday.
Police say it is still too early to determine how long the bodies have been in the building, but authorities are currently reaching out to the family's of the deceased.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Sleepy French bulldog throws temper tantrum when mom says he needs …
- Nordstrom’s 4th of July sale is on — Here are over 25 of the best deal…
- Pack these 5 summer sandwiches in your picnic basket
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!