The FBI is showing some concerns about Google's new driverless car.
In May, Google presented Google Chauffeur - the self-driving car prototype that does not have a steering wheel or pedals, but instead uses strategically placed sensors to move around.
In a blog post, Google explained, "They have sensors that remove blind spots, and they can detect objects out to a distance of more than two football fields in all directions, which is especially helpful on busy streets with lots of intersections."
But the FBI is less than enthusiastic about the idea.
In an unclassified report obtained by The Guardian, the FBI shared its concern that the car could easily become a huge tool for criminals, especially if used during a car chase.
The FBI notes criminals could take advantage of the hands-free driving by shooting at their pursuers. (Via Getty Images)
According to VentureBeat, the FBI also worries about the cars themselves being used as a weapon, saying; "Autonomy ... will make mobility more efficient but will also open up greater possibilities for dual-use applications and ways for a car to be more of a potential lethal weapon that it is today."
However, it probably wouldn't be used for any of that yet, since it currently tops out at 25 mph.
Right now Mojo Motors points out that self-driving cars are only legal in four states, but they are in legislation in several others.
Google is currently planning to build about one hundred prototype cars to hold a pilot program in California and further develop the technology.
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits highest point since 2009
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Mom waits until son’s wedding day to reveal childhood gift’s ’embar…
- TikToker turns leftover coffee into dessert
- 5 TikTok takes on the Korean lunch box cake that are almost too cute t…
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap