Can animals express gratitude? Most pet owners believe they can and this video suggests that saying "thank you" isn't uniquely human.
While spear fishing for tuna off Mexico's coast, Cameron Dietrich and Colin Sutton happen upon this sea turtle in trouble. Dietrich dives in and goes to work untangling the rope -- possibly part of a fishing net -- from around the turtle's flipper.
Once free, the sea turtle turns and begins to swim away. But then, an incredible thing happens. As Sutton continues to capture the scene with his go-pro camera, the turtle circles back. And swims up face to face with Dietrich, allowing the diver to hold him.
Is this turtle-speak for "thank you"? It could be. The World Wildlife Fund says fishing gear is the greatest threat to endangered sea turtles like loggerheads, green turtles and leather backs.
The Latest from our Partners
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.979% APR.
- Explore Refi Options: Average Savings = $34K
- Make the Switch from a 30 to 15 Year Mortgage
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program